Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website at http://blog.amee.com or http://www.ameescore.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to use our service/s, posting material or requesting further services. When you register for an account, we ask for your name, company, e-mail address, post code, occupation, industry and related data to set up the account and for administration purposes;
- If you are a supplier to a company that uses AMEE’s services, that company might provide us with personal information concerning a key contact in your business.
- Information about your transactions with us, including information about your use of the products and services that we offer;
- We may keep a record of any correspondence if you contact us, for example, when you send us e-mail communications or send letters to us; and
- We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to this website, as described in the section headed “information that we automatically collect” below.
We may offer you the opportunity to post, comment or exchange information on publicly accessible areas of this website (for example, to post comments on news posts). You should exercise caution if you choose to disclose personal information such as your name or contact details when doing so, as this information may be accessible by the general public and indexed by search engines.
How we use the information you provide us
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes, i.e. to:
- Register you (or invite you to register) as a user of AMEE services and to provide you with, and personalise our services;
- Deal with your inquiries and requests;
- Send you service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- Provide you with information about other AMEE products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you. Please see the ‘editing and deleting your personal information’ section below for further information about how you can opt-out of receiving these updates; and
- Understand how our website is used so that we can continuously improve our website and offering.
We may also generate, use and disclose aggregated and/or anonymised information and statistics about our website for marketing and strategic purposes. However, no visitor will be individually identifiable from these aggregated and/or anonymised information and statistics.
Information that we automatically collect
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our website and for internal reporting purposes.
Cookies are small text files that websites often store on computer hard drives of visitors to their sites. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
There are two broad categories of cookies – ‘first party cookies’ and ‘third party cookies’. First party cookies are cookies that are served directly by the website operator to your computer, and are used only by the website operator to recognise your computer when it revisits that site. Third party cookies are served by a service provider on behalf of the website operator, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer when it visits other websites. Third party cookies are most commonly used for website analytics or advertising purposes.
This website serves only the following cookies to your computer:
Information we share
AMEE does not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide or improve the products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We request that you share such information and you choose to do so;
- If we are required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
We want you to feel confident about using our website, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We also keep the data that we hold on behalf of each of our customers in an independent space that is separate from other customers. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
Editing or Deleting your personal information
You can edit the information linked to your account by accessing it here http://blog.amee.com/products/services/. You may opt out of receiving information about our products and services by selecting the relevant option on our website or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org however please note that we may continue to send you service related (non-marketing) communications.
You may delete your AMEE account by visiting our account deletion page, verifying your password once more and confirming your choice to terminate the account.