Happy New Year!
I want to thank all of AMEE’s users, customers and partners for their support over the past year, share some highlights, and key announcements.
AMEE is now free. We strongly believe Environmental Intelligence – Everywhere means being accessible and ubiquitous, lowering barriers to entry, and stimulating innovation. This means developers can build more great apps, consultants can help their clients, teachers can help their students, and everyone can engage in helping to footprint everything!
To aid this we have also launched Ask AMEE, our computational search engine, making it easy to do calculations and discover answers, are hosting our first hackathon in London January 28th – 29th at University College London.
Join us at this unique event to engage our sustainability and developer communities around innovation.
– BP’s 2012 Olympics Target Neutral initiative
— Sun Edison and Bergen Energi (embedding AMEE intelligence into energy efficiency technology)
— Siemens TTB (powering real-time emissions liabilities in manufacturing processes)
— The UK broadcast industry from BBC to Sky (footprinting every TV show in the UK)
— International Universities (joining our education programme)
— Innovative partnerships with IBM, Autodesk, Minecraft and Foursquare
AMEE Labs showcases continued innovation
– AskAMEE – Find answers to your questions easily >> read about it in Techcrunch
– AMEE Location Footprinter - Try out ALF to link travel emissions data to your Foursquare account
– Autodesk – Watch the video of our Inventor demo: delivering Environmental Intelligence into product design.
– ClimateCraft – James Smith, our Platform Evangelist, integrated AMEE with Minecraft, the popular video game. The YouTube video we posted as had over 27,000 views so far!
Continued recognition for AMEE’s mission and our team
With your support, we have again been recognised as world-leaders in the CleanTech industry:
- Guardian CleanTech 100 (for the second year in succession), placing us in the top 2% globally
– Our team attended industry technology leadership summits at the White House, Number 10 and Buckingham Palace.
– In October I joined the UK Government’s MiData Energy Sector Board – an open data initiative for energy information.
Adding to our exceptional leadership team, Tim Murphy has joined us as CEO. Tim brings a wealth of experience of growing and managing data and internet businesses, with board level tenure at Dun & Bradstreet, Alphyra, and Branded Payment Solutions. Stuart Coleman joined us as VP Sales & Marketing having grown and led early stage business models within start-ups and global technology businesses. I’m now Chairman. In recognition of this GP Bullhound CleanTech Connect ranked us in their top 10 and awarded us their Unique Leadership Award
We all know we have many challenges ahead: to address and accelerate our collective transition to a more environmentally efficient society. We promise to continue to deliver innovation and relevance and play our part in that journey.
Thank you again for your continued support.